- JN -012024-1954105
- Jan 16, 2024
Are you an Audit Manager, and interested in working with clients in the Film & TV industry? This award winning Top 15 firm has an enviable international client base, e
The Film, TV and Gaming division of this Top 15 firm are looking to hire an Audit Manager on a full time, permanent basis.
This firm is the market leader in the UK in its field. The UK sector is the largest production location outside of Los Angeles with many US companies and studios now choosing the UK to produce their content.
The Division has approximately 75 staff, including 7 Partners and 3 Directors. You will have a support network from Trainees all the way up to Partners.
The team's clients include all the major Hollywood studios, as well as many independent film and television production companies and video game development companies in the US and UK. They also work with many other entities ancillary to film and television production, such as film financiers, post-production houses and other service providers. In addition, the team works with a number of video games developers ranging from small independents to large multi-national studios.
The firm works a 35 hour week with flexible working and an excellent hybrid working policy. Very good benefits package with a generous bonus scheme.
The ideal candidate will be a commercially focused, motivated, and ambitious, looking for a challenge in an industry that continues to experience remarkable growth.
- Lead contact for the client in the production and delivery of high-quality accounts preparation, audit, and compliance services
- Manage the entire client engagement from inception to delivery, to include planning, budgetary control, file review, resolution of significant issues with Partner and client, and delivery of case to Partner
- Ensures agreed deliverables are within the set time frame
- Budgeting and invoicing clients
- Developing and growing a professional relationship with your client portfolio in conjunction with the complete service team
- Staff planning and day to management of staff including performance and development reviews
- Inclusion of tender process when necessary.
In addition to the typical audit/accountancy work you might expect the more specialised work you would have exposure to would be as follows:
- Preparation and review of BFI certificate applications
- Production expenditure analysis for inclusion in tax returns
- Tax credit estimates for upcoming productions/games
- Production cost report audits for both individual productions and co-productions
- Preparation and audit of funding applications and reports.
The firm will also provide the manager with regular technical training and also with the necessary soft skills development that will help them progress quickly.
- ACA/ACCA qualified, holding a wide range of audit experience and strong technical knowledge of accounting and audit principles
- Experience managing a portfolio of small to large clients as well as having the required understanding of FRS102 and IFRS
- Outgoing and resilient, with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- The position will require an extremely high level of ability and commitment
- Candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach and can get things done
- Possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Senior Consultant, External Audit and Outsourcing recruitment Big 4 and Mid Tier firms