- JN -082023-1945091
- Oct 27, 2023
Fantastic new opportunity for a Category Buyer to join a company with an exceptionally strong brand in the FMCG space. This is a permanent role in Dublin with hybrid working options.
This Category Buyer will work with a dynamic team to implement procurement strategy, build relationships with key suppliers and offers the opportunity to make this role your own.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with key stakeholders to create category procurement strategy for relevant categories.
- Develop strategic partnerships with key suppliers within each category in line with purchasing strategies.
- Evaluating current suppliers and searching for new potential suppliers that are aligned with the objectives of the category
- Source to contract activities: Demand management, RFP management, negotiations and contracting
- Play an active part in Supplier Relationship Management including vendor performance reports, site visits and review meetings to ensure adherence agreements.
- Strategic Suppliers performance and risk management
- Monitor the implementation of procurement strategies in close collaboration with the supply chain management team
- Complete spend and cost data analysis to drive potential cost reduction opportunities
- Responsible for freight management and optimizing the cost of freight.
- 3+ years in buying or category management with demonstrably strong negotiation skills essential
- Third Level Degree in a Business / Procurement / Food related discipline
- Experienced user of Excel and SAP
- Experience within FMCG or a retail environment beneficial
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Senior Consultant | Supply Chain Recruitment