- Dublin City Centre
- JN -012024-1954312
- Jan 18, 2024
We have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Corporate Service to join a leading non-for-profit organisation in Dublin City. (Full time, Hybrid)
An excellent opportunity is available to join a leading academic organisation as the Director of Corporate Services in Dublin City Centre. Leading a team of four, you will report directly to the Executive Director, and together you will drive, develop, and transform the finance function of the business. This is a full-time position, requiring 35 hours of work per week, with the flexibility of a hybrid arrangement that permits 2 days of remote work from home and 3 days in the office.
In this role, you will report to the Executive Director and oversee the efficient and effective operation of the Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, and Buildings and Facilities departments.
- Assist with the annual budget process, creating quarterly financial forecasts, and identifying and addressing budget variances.
- Manage both internal and external audit processes within the organisation and collaborate with other department heads and research program leaders to resolve any issues.
- Ensure that the organisation upholds its corporate governance responsibilities.
- Monitor and report on pertinent risks as part of a broader risk management and business continuity framework (in the capacity of Chief Risk Officer).
- Hold the primary responsibility for overseeing data governance and compliance, which encompasses the implementation of freedom of information, data protection (acting as the Data Protection Officer), handling protected disclosures, and upholding the customer charter within the organisation.
- Spearhead the development of financial reporting practices.
- Act as a deputy for the Executive Director when required or deemed appropriate.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant - Chartered Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA.
- A minimum of five years post qualification experience.
- Experience in auditing, financial reporting, managing accounting and budgeting processes and practices.
- Highly effective communication skills with the ability to communicate financial and other information clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Hybrid working model (2 days working from home and 3 days in the office)
- 30 days of annual leave on a pro rata basis
- Inclusion in a pension scheme
This is a full-time position (35hrs per week) on a five-year fixed term basis with hybrid working available. For more information or a full job description please apply today with a copy of you're CV.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Consultant | Accounting & Finance Recruitment