- Sep 28, 2022
Morgan McKinley is proud to be working with a Cork city based accountancy firm who are looking for a qualified accountant to join their team.
The position: Qualified Accountant
You will be working closely with managers, seniors and other departments, this role offers a wide range of experience and opportunity for a suitable candidate, with exposure to preparation and completion of client audit files, accounts and tax returns.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key duties will include:
- Preparation of client accounts from client records to accounting standards.
- Completion of client audit files to auditing standards.
- Completion of client tax returns and ensuring compliance with legislation.
- Drafting financial reports as required by client assignment.
- Training junior staff in the technical aspects of accounts preparation, auditing and taxation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Completion of auditing, accounting, and taxation assignments to the firm's internal quality standard, within agreed financial budgets and to internal and statutory deadlines.
- Productivity, training and development of junior staff whilst leading them on client assignments
The ideal candidate should have:
- Qualified member of a recognized Professional Institute of Accountants and experience in an accountancy firm with good training and technical standards. (ACA, ACCA, CPA)
- Strong technical, interpersonal, and client relationship skills along with the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Working knowledge of Auditing Standards and/ or Irish tax legislation, while desirable, can be learned on the job.
- Capability to prepare and complete client accounts from original accounting records.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Consultant | Accounting & Finance Recruitment