Compliance - Financial Crimes Lead
- BBBH799281 Nov 19, 2021 ¥17M to ¥20M
A major foreign bank seeks an experienced professional to head the Financial Crimes Compliance team in Tokyo.
- This is a new role to lead a small team of experienced compliance officers.
- Responsibilities would include confirming that all concerned business lines meet the relevant internal KYC and AML requirements, along with those of external regulations, such as OFAC, EU AML Directives, Japan Ministry of Finance, and FSA.
- Communicate with relevant regulatory bodies regarding KYC and AML policies of the organization and address all respective queries.
- Mediate between regional and global FCU functions, and be up to date on any regulatory changes.
- Ensure compliance with internal regulatory protocols by all entities of the organization and inform them of any changes in the former.
- Ensure adherence to corresponding KYC and AML requirements for all client and transaction screenings.
- Keep senior management updated with matters regarding financial crimes and risks.
- Support other areas in the Compliance Department.
- At least 5 years of experience in Financial Crimes Compliance (AML/CFT or sanctions).
- Demonstrated leadership experience and capability
- Fluency in Japanese and at least business-level English.
- Experience working at a financial institution, legal or consultancy firm, or with a regulatory or government authority.
- Experience working overseas and an understanding of global work cultures.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to think on one's feet
- Be able to build and maintain relationships with ease.
About our client
Our client is a leading multinational financial services group based in the EU. Over a hundred years old, they have established their presence in over 50 countries, and have operated in Japan for decades. Not only do they boast a strong profile in the banking, markets, and asset management space, but they are also known for their innovative and flexible employee policies.
Morgan McKinley Asia Pac is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Associate Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment
+813 4550 6583