- JN -012023-1922426
- Aug 31, 2023
Drive policy strategy in Japan and Asia Pacific as a Director of Government Relations & Regulatory Strategy
- Formulate and implement strategies for engaging with policy makers and regulators in Japan and selected markets in Asia Pacific.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify key advocacy priorities, desired policy outcomes, and messaging.
- Monitor regulatory and geopolitical trends that may impact the company's business in Japan and assigned markets in Asia Pacific, and advise on thought leadership to mitigate risk and take advantage of opportunities.
- Prepare written materials and presentations for senior leadership, participate in industry associations and forums, and manage teams.
- Work with the Global Government Relations and Regulatory Strategy team on company-wide initiatives.
- 10+ years of experience in regional policy/regulation and the financial services sector
- Previous engagement with FSA, BOJ, and Japanese regulators
- Proven ability to engage with complex stakeholders (internal and external).
About our client
A leading provider in the financial market data and services industry, with a strong presence in Japan and the Asia Pacific region. As the Director of Government Relations & Regulatory Strategy, you will be responsible for developing and executing advocacy and engagement strategies related to policy issues impacting the company in Japan and selected markets in Asia Pacific. You will work closely with business, legal, compliance, and other teams to develop key advocacy priorities, optimal policy outcomes, and messaging. You will also monitor regulatory and geopolitical trends that may impact the company's business in Japan and assigned markets in Asia Pacific, and advise on thought leadership which enables the company to mitigate risk / take advantage of opportunities. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the Global Government Relations and Regulatory Strategy team on key Group-wide initiatives and projects.