- JN -072023-1943644
- Jul 25, 2023
A new role to work at an established and growing global financial institution in charge of financial crime governance and also working as the Japan MLRO.
- Collaborate with regional MLROs to develop and implement financial crimes-related programs and procedures.
- Manage financial crimes regulatory change process and conduct gap analyses in consultation with APAC FCRM team and MLROs.
- Conduct financial crimes-related risk assessments, advise regional businesses, and monitor risk reduction action plans.
- Coordinate responses to financial crimes-related regulatory requests and reviews.
- As the Japan Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) ensure compliance with global and local FCRM-related Policies and Standards, including regulatory requirements.
- Act as the primary contact for lines of business and legal entities operating in Japan for financial crime matters.
- Identify, assess, and monitor money laundering, terrorist financing, and other applicable financial crimes risks.
- Maintain strong working relationships with APAC business heads, compliance partners, and other stakeholders.
- 5+ years of AML/CFT related experience in a financial institution or related government/regulatory body.
- Strong understanding of Japan's AML/CFT regime, BSA, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC, and global sanctions.
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese and English.
About our client
A global financial institution with a growing business in Japan.