Controls & Assurance Advisor
- BBBH791679 Aug 31, 2021 Competitive
This organisation has a great reputation in the market and is well respected, offering great employee benefits, work flexibility and great career progression opportunities.
A fantastic opportunity exists to come on board within one of Australia's leading insurers.
Supporting the Controls and Governance team you will conduct a range of Line 1 risk, compliance, controls and assurance activities. This role will work internal and external partner services to identify conduct risk profiles and responses, establishing, testing and reporting on controls and continuous improvement of customer outcomes.
- You will support the development and implementation of robust strategies to support the business in the identification and management of risks, quality and control, in alignment with team and business' key priorities.
- Provide risk, compliance, control, incident management and quality assurance advice and management including facilitation of assurance workshops, presentations and leadership of relevant governance forums
- You will support development of controls schedule that details monthly schedule of planned, testing and reporting of controls, and develop action plans to address deficiencies in controls.
- Oversee and maintain the quality and integrity of risk information in the business risk system.
- Manage ad hoc initiatives in relation to compliance and privacy breaches and provide reporting on these initiatives as required.
- Provide guidance and coaching in the delivery of the team's key priorities and on-maturity uplift.
- Engage with and foster key external relationships to ensure ongoing awareness of relevant external industry developments.
- Understand and address any regulatory and compliance requirements related assurance activities.
- Develop strong relationships within leadership, management and staff to influence and foster risk culture.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Good experience in controls environment within insurance or similar
- First movers from Big 4/prof services firms could be ideal; Demonstarted ability in not just assessing or reviewing controls and provide summary/input, but also have experience in establishing/building and testing controls with the clients that they have worked under their portfolio
Role available immediately please apply now
Associate Director | Risk & Compliance Recruitment
+61 (0)2 8986 3151