- Southern Sydney
- JN -052023-1932413
- May 09, 2023
- $1000 - $1200 pd
As the Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for the timely delivery of high-quality solutions that drive key business strategies.
The Delivery Manager leads a cross functional team through all phases of the initiative lifecycle, from discovery, through development, to product launch.
The Delivery Manager uses their toolbox of Agile practices, Project Management processes, and facilitation skills to predictably produce high-quality software releases. The Delivery Manager is responsible for creating, managing and executing end to end agile (delivery) plans, facilitating scrum ceremonies, managing complex interdependencies,
reporting status to management (squad, tribe and portfolio levels), resolving critical project issues, and building an effective project team.
The Delivery Manager is part of a leadership team that drives process improvements, especially Agile improvements, across the entire team, digital product delivery, sales &
engagement, data & analytics, marketing and commercial.
The ideal candidate will be able to build strong relationships with the team, internal customers, stakeholders and integration teams to ensure alignment between customer, commercial and technology.
You will coach and empower cross functional teams in the Tribe to take accountability for discovery and delivery risks and issues and develop a team environment that cultivates high performance and team engagement. You will also manage financial tracking and reporting, and ensure resource capacity is aligned to prioritised demand.
● Leads the team through all phases of the delivery process.
● Facilitates all Scrum ceremonies seeking to create a regular "Sprint Rhythm".
● Identifies and drives implementation of continuous improvements within the project team.
● Proactively identifies and helps to resolve issues that impact achievement of team sprint commitments.
● Regularly reports overall project status to management and key stakeholders, escalating major risks/blockers as necessary.
● Maintains a project repository of historical and current project information.
● Facilitates team ceremonies and other day-to-day activities as required by the team.
● Ensures the team is fully functional, cooperating, and productive.
● Shields team from external interferences and removes obstacles.
● Administers and manages business relationships with the project's external consultants and third parties ensuring they meet their project obligations.
● Suggests and implements improvements to delivery management, software development and other organizational processes.
● With the Squad Lead and Product Manager, provides the project team a concise vision and creates a
positive team environment.
● Education: Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field.
● Education: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM) or other agile certifications
● Experience: 3+ years' experience as an Agile Delivery Manager or Agile Project Manager leading
multiple cross functional teams
● Experience: 2+ years working as a Scrum Master/Iteration Manager on software development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Demonstrated history of successful project delivery in an agile environment.
● Formal Scrum and/or Project Management training.
● Knowledge of various project planning and tracking tools such as MS Planner, Trello, JIRA.
● Strong motivation and initiative.
● Organized, detail oriented and thorough.
● Strong planning skills - schedules, resource allocation, issue management, tracking, etc.
● Strong management and highly effective communication skills - complex risks, issues and
● Able to multitask.
● Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
● Strong desire to help improve processes and mentor others - Experience in guiding and coaching
multiple teams in the adoption of Agile mind-sets, behaviours, and best practices to facilitate their
transition to high performing teams.
● Situational leadership.
● Demonstrated learning agility and ability to rapidly adjust to new contexts, technologies and trends.
● Ability to create effective team environments for people to innovate and learn.
● Excellent stakeholder management skills across both business and technical functions up to and including C-level executives.
- Principal Consultant | Project & Change Recruitment