- Nov 11, 2022
- ¥20M +
Direct a global team of engineers to build the best-in-practice video streaming platform!
- Set up best practices and select technologies to use for the best performance for the platform, with high-definition and low latency in mind
- Lead a team of Engineering Managers, who in turn manage teams of Engineers on the ground
- Set up an offshore division to work together with the Japan team on the development, including location selecting, hiring, training etc
- Keep a strong communication line with the business leaders of the product, updating them on the status
- Collaborate with the Head of Product to improve product quality, stability, and delivery of new features
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering Management in a tech firm
- Strong understanding of mobile application development
- Experience with offshoring (ideally from scratch)
- Strong multicultural understanding
- Bachelor degree or above, preferably MBA or Master Degree from Top Tier University
- Native or fluent Japanese skills, as well as intermediate English skills or higher
*Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan in order to apply for this role. Visa can not be sponsored at this time.
- Experience working for digital app product or social media services
- Additional language capabilities for another South-East Asian country
- Challenging mindset - this person will find a way, even if it seems all odds are against
- Strong collaborator, both face to face and across region over phone or video call
About our client
Our client is a market leader in tech, based in Japan. They have a number of international products, that are being used by people outside of Japan as well. This role handles one of those products/the subsidiary. You will be the main person in charge of their development, and growing a team of strong engineers outside of Japan.
Morgan McKinley Asia Pac is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.