- Nov 11, 2022
Exciting role in Engineering team of market leader in fashion and technology to drive IT projects
- Standardise (Agile) engineering processes for the developing B2C EC sites, native apps, and other technology, across teams within Japan and eventually globally
- Set up and coordinate workflows of development and production releases, including QA and DevOps
- Work with Project and Product Managers to establish a release roadmap and set priorities
- Resolve complex technical issues on a microservices architecture, while minimizing risks
- Facilitate smooth communication between engineering teams
- 3+ years of hands-on coding experience, in a team of 10+ engineers
- Experienced in leading software development projects or programmes in English
- Experience in building e-commerce sites from scratch in addition to build-outs (handling increased traffic)
- Background in both a venture/startup company, as well as a larger company (300+ people)
- Language: business level Japanese and English is needed.
- Needs excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
*Please note that you can only apply to this job when you are legally able to work in Japan at the time of application
- Ability to win the trust of people from various parts of the organization by strong communication
- PMP and/or Agile certification, or similar
- Knowledge of manufacturing, fashion, logistics, or retail industries
- Assertive person that has new ideas, speaks out, and challenges the status quo
- Enjoys creating a harmonious and effective workplace
About our client
This company is a market leader in the retail space, and their big competitive advantage in the market is their technical innovation. In production processes as well as in-store and online sales experience, they provide customers with a seamless, quick, and exciting experience.
As the company is globally active, you will mainly speak English internally and with colleagues abroad, as well as Japanese with your business users from the finance team.
The company style is flat and energetic; and they have strong ambitions to have a global standard for their IT systems, driven from Japan.
Morgan McKinley Asia Pac is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.