- JN -042023-1929241
- Aug 25, 2023
Japanese: Basic level
Drive Data Insights with an international team in one of the most data-rich companies of Japan!
- Construct new, manageable datasets from big data related to company's users.
- Locate, compile, and deliver crucial data in a way that may be used right away to resolve particular issues or enhance system functionality.
- Examine past information to spot trends and make informed decisions.
- Identify data anomalies and analyse their root cause, and propose fixes to the technical team.
- Create decision-making models and offer potential solutions for the identified business issue.
- Deliver oral and written presentations to audiences with various degrees of technical competence to share insights and recommendations.
- Use code (Python or another object-oriented language) to model algorithms and analyze data.
- Manage a team of data scientists, data analysts, and program managers, supporting their development in the data space.
- Advanced knowledge of data extraction and transformation techniques.
- A quantitative bachelor's or master's degree in statistics, applied mathematics, economics, or a related field.
- Knowledge of technical languages used for data extraction and management (e.g Spark, python, SQL).
- Experiment design expertise, a/b testing skills, and the capacity to deduce causal linkages
- Proven track record of managing a small to medium-sized team of data scientists.
- Prior experience working with cross-functional teams in a globally dispersed organization.
- Fluent English level (written and spoken).
- * Please note that the company can only accept applications from those who are eligible to live and work in Japan at the time of application.
- Working knowledge of search engines or e-commerce.
- Japanese language skills.
- Ability to work well with people and build relationships with people that have different backgrounds.
- Strong team player.
About our client
Our client is a household name, and one of the biggest in Japan when it comes to internet services. They have a big e-commerce platform, as well as a lot of other online services. This means they have access to a huge amount of real-time user and behavior data. One of their goals is to use this data as effectively as possible, to remedy obstacles, improve existing products, and create new ones.
This team is an international team, covering Asia, Europe, and other locations where the team is distributed. The team members this role will lead are all in Japan, but many of your counterparts will be overseas.