- Sep 13, 2022
- ¥11M to ¥14M
Leading global reinsurance firm seeking a Risk Underwriter to join a stable and exciting team - rare opportunity (Associate to VP level)
- Utilize Natural Catastrophe models and stat tools; price and discuss terms/conditions of programs as well as guiding framework within the client team
- Ensure underwriting expertise ranging from technical pricing to contract wording; liaison dialogue between underwriting teams and external stakeholders; support cross functioning projects; develop pricing models/tools and market intel.
- Take initiative in exploring new business ideas with product development in both
- reinsurance and primary insurance; non-traditional products (weather/catastrophe
- derivatives, Cat Bond, ILS, financing with natural catastrophe relief, private/public
- partnership etc); consultation for clients to identify pain-points/growth opportunity;
- Client facing and marketing support:
- Work together with the client management team in Tokyo from technical aspects in dialogue and negotiation with clients and brokers
- Budget range: 11-15m base + bonus; pending candidate experience
- University degree in natural/computer science, mathematics/statistics,
- engineering, economics, finance or relevant insurance qualifications
- Strong interest in catastrophe finance and aspiration of career
- development in this field; experience of (re)insurance industry NOT mandatory
- Fluent English / Fluent Japanese
- Willingness to travel
- Strong technical and soft skills - self motivated, self learning, forward thinking
About our client
A top global Re-insurance firm with a very strong and growing business in Japan. Offering an opportunity to be more business topic oriented while evaluating risk and improving current environments while supporting private and public sectors and supporting green tech simultaneously. Excellent opportunity for someone looking to contribute to society while having an excellent work life balance, with long term stability and strong international exposure.
Morgan McKinley Asia Pac is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.