- Nov 11, 2022
Manage various projects to develop internal applications for a global financial firm
- Lead projects for the development of various systems such as transactions, anti-money-laundering (AML), and others from initiation phase to finish/roll out.
- Work with Architects on the design of the systems, and plan the scope, duration and cost of the project.
- Manage the project progress, change requests, documentation and knowledge base throughout the development.
- Communicate with stakeholders on various levels in the organization in the Japan HQ (in Japanese) as well as their overseas branches (in English).
- 5+ years of IT Project Management experience
- Strong understanding of applications used in banking/finance
- Experience working with overseas teams/colleagues
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Business level Japanese and intermediate English or higher
- Background in programming/development (any language)
- Previous work experience in high-stakes and highly regulated environment like a bank
- Experience with large-sized projects
- Knowledge of or hands-on experience with RPA, AI or blockchain technology
- Team player
- Intrinsically motivated, enjoys cracking their brain on problems and finding a solution
About our client
One of the largest banks in Japan is looking to improve business processes by using new technologies like AI and RPA, as well as build systems to accomodate brand new business lines. This team is tasked with that, and they have a very successful track record of implementing new systems and technologies to do so. The team speaks mainly Japanese, but they are looking for English speakers, as they are planning to increase the number of global projects. This is a unique chance to work in a mature security environment on a scale that's very rare in Japan.
Morgan McKinley Asia Pac is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.