- JN -042023-1930529
- May 19, 2023
Recognized as a Top Employer; Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards; Gold Employer status; Top 20 Workplaces for Dads.
Morgan McKinley has partnered exclusively with this Global insurer and reinsurer with a leading local presence that offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks, build strength, and embrace change to their advantage. Their product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation insurance.
Recognized as a Top Employer; Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards; Gold Employer status; Top 20 Workplaces for Dads and accredited a Family Friendly Employer since 2021
- 'Hybrid Working' - a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- 12 weeks' gender-equal flexible leave for all new parents, including paid super
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance & reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Additional leave and support through organisational Family Domestic Violence First Responder Network
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services
As the Senior Manager, Insurance Risk you will be responsible for providing a second line of defence oversight and challenge to the insurance risk profile and processes including reserving, business planning, aggregate management and reinsurance. The Senior Manager, Insurance Risk will liaise closely with the actuarial team, Enterprise Risk Management team, catastrophe modelling, finance, capital modelling and audit functions and with the Group risk teams.
A day in the role may look a bit like this;
- Work with management to determine appropriate responses to risk situations as necessary.
- Identification of appropriate remedial action to address issues with the risk profile, and successful implementation by the first line of defence.
- Recommend, implement and lead local and global initiatives that impact on the longer term effectiveness of team delivery.
- Facilitate the implementation of the Risk Management Strategy across the Group, within Risk Appetites
- Assist management to design appropriate and cost effective solutions.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders and generate strong relationships to drive excellent outcomes.
The Successful Candidate
To be successful as a Senior Manager, Insurance Risk you will have extensive experience within some of the following areas: Insurance Risk, Catastrophe modelling, Accumulation Risk,Capital modelling, Reinsurance from General Insurance.
You will also have;
- Experience of working with senior management
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence senior leaders and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Understand the three lines of defence in Risk Management; but not necessarily worked in
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication.