Senior Manager - Data Governance
- BBBH823734 Jul 29, 2022 Competitive
Build and manage relationships across the Risk Management Group and lead Data Governance work for data in change initiatives.
- Salary - highly competitive with the market rate
- Flexible work options, including WFH
About the company
You will be working for a market leader in the financial services sector. Operating in over 30 financial markets; diversity combined with a strong capital position has contributed to this organisation's long-term success.
About the role
As the Senior Manager, you'll be part of the Risk Management Group. You'll be responsible for ensuring all risk across the company are appropriately assessed and managed. You will also build and lead the data governance team.
- Lead initiatives to implement Data Governance Framework for Critical Date Elements
- Collaborate with other teams in driving consistent data governance practices and implementation
- Manage the backlog of work and prioritisation of the team
- Provide guidance and support to ensure data under governance practices are implemented and tracked
- Work with stakeholders to understand their needs and mature their data governance capabilities
- Embed a continuous improvement mindset within the team to achieve operational efficiency and growth
- 10+ yrs of post qualification experience
- 5+ yrs of relevant experience leading high-performing data teams
- Experience with data analysis tools such as SQL, IDQ and metadata tooling e.g. Collibra
- Proven track record of people management
- A strong risk mindset and ability to make independent risk-based decisions
- Solid communication skills and ability to influence and support team members and stakeholders
Sourcing Specialist | Technology | Data & Analytics
+61 (0)2 8986 3110