- BBBH789993 Aug 11, 2021 $120k - $160k
This opportunity presents global exposure and direct line to the senior leadership team and audit committees that guarantees fast-track career progression.
Working for one of the leading global insurers that has experienced strong growth in Australia over the past few years. You will report to the Head of Internal that is now building a brand-new team for the Australia and New Zealand entities.
If you are ambitious and looking for a company that will truly rewards hard work, with a view of promoting you within the next 12 months - This role is for you!
You will support the Head of Internal Audit with the internal audit programme by planning, executing and reporting on the outcomes of assignments, and assisting with regulatory reviews, ad-hoc projects, investigations and Board/management requests.
- Planning and conducting audit assignments in accordance with Internal Audit's methodology and procedures.
- Proactively communicate with auditees and the Head of Internal Audit on the progress of audit assignments.
- Discuss audit results and implications with relevant stakeholders, and make pragmatic recommendations that reflect a sound understanding of the entity's operations.
- Draft reports that discusses audit issues in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Assess the effectiveness of management's resolution of audit issues.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in the preparation of and Board Committee and management reports.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in developing and implementing departmental initiatives, and improvements to the audit process.
- Execute the Sarbanes Oxley controls testing program.
- Participate and/or plan and execute ad-hoc projects such fraud investigations, and regulatory reviews.
- Contribute to Global Internal Audit thematic audits and/or projects.
- Promote and facilitate collaboration with first and second line functions.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL HAVE:
- 5 + years internal/external audit experience from a major professional services consultancy with focus on Financial Services or Insurance.
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Relevant professional membership/ qualifications, such as CPA, CA and CIA (Certified Internal Auditor).
- Ability to partner with stakeholders to influence business outcomes and build strong relationships.
- Outcome focused, proactive with great communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW with your updated resume. Alternatively, you can send your resume to TALITA SOUSA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 8986 3136 for a confidential discussion
Senior Consultant - Risk & Compliance
+61 (0)2 8986 3136