- Mar 09, 2023
- $450 - $600 pd
Great opportunity for a dynamic Government Officer for a well-known government department based in Newcastle.
Great opportunity for a dynamic Government Services Officer for a well-known government department based in Newcastle.
This role will mainly focus on coordinating responses to various communication requests and information requirements including customer and stakeholder correspondence, briefs to the Minister and CEO, subpoenas and other requests.
Contract term is for 6 months, and will follow a hybrid work set up.
About the Job:
- Identify customer needs and values to inform decision making and guide customer responses.
- Support continuous customer improvement across the region.
- Undertake research, fact-checking and drafting Ministerial correspondence, briefing notes and reports for the region.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to provide technical content for local political, ministerial and Regional Director correspondence.
- Utilize the region's systems to track and monitor actions and tasks, as well as commitments made to clients through prior communication.
- Ensure that incoming and outgoing correspondence is consistently stored and accessible in the corporate systems and that the region's recordkeeping meets the requirements of the State Records Act.
- Facilitate responses to subpoenas and GIPAA requests, managing strict time frame constraints.
- Participate in performance improvement projects to enhance the delivery of customer and government information services and improve the productivity and efficiency of processes within the region.
- Communications degree or similar accepted tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in communications within a government or services environment
- Previous government / public sector experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ivan Mark De Leon
- Consultant | Projects, Strategy & Change Recruitment