Localization Project Coordinator
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH783237 May 25, 2021 Competitive
Our client, a leader in the tech world is looking for a Localization Program Coordinator with 4+ years of experience with localization project or program management.
The Localization teams strive to make sure our product feels like a local product, by ensuring it's available and high quality in up to 60 languages. As a Localization Project coordinator, you will help deliver a great user experience to our international audience. You will gain experience and make an impact in a fast-growing organization.
- Plan and manage localization schedules, collaborating cross-functionally with other Localization PMs, Vendor Managers, Localization Vendors and Linguists to define requirements and manage timelines
- Support the Localization Project Management team with execution on a variety of projects, mostly for Product UI, Marketing and Support content (Help center FAQs and Customer support canned responses)
- Use and navigate proprietary CMS and Project Management tool independently to kick off translations requests to Memsource and proprietary CAT tool.
- Analyze current pain points in workflows and tools, provide suggestions for improvements and pilot implementation of new processes.
- Responsible for the end-to-end localization process of content within our CMS and CAT tools:
- Set-up, submission and monitoring of translation requests through proprietary CMS and Project Management tools and follow through in Memsource and proprietary CAT tools
- Brief linguists by providing them with documentation and context and escalate questions about the content to Localization PMs
- Ensure content is translated on time and follow up with individual linguists to ensure timely delivery and tested appropriately
- Manage Localization QA testing on product UI for high visibility and complex features by collaborating effectively with Localization project managers, i18n testing and localization vendor partners to:
- Create QA test plans and ensuring complete coverage of end-to-end UI flows during testing
- Monitor and addressing feature-specific queries from testers and linguists
- Validate quality of reports to ensure accurate and complete data logging
- Validate and escalate i18n bugs, and working with engineering teams to ensure timely fixes before a feature launch by following platform release schedules
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, across multiple business units, by setting clear expectations for stakeholders and localizers, communicate instructions in a clear and timely manner and ensure deadlines are met. Provide reference material and support for the localizers to ensure they are in the best conditions to produce high quality content.
- Make independent decisions and work well under pressure, in the face of ambiguity and aggressive deadlines
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software localization, Localization Program Management or management of Localization Technology Solutions
- BA or equivalent
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools or any similar in-house localization tools and platform that manages and/or automates the translation workflow
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and to diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationalization and localization standards and best practices
- Hands-on experience with Memsource, and thorough understanding of project set-up, project assignment and tracking for large and complex projects in Memsource
- Experience with setting and managing TMs, term bases and linguistic assets in TMS for complex projects in Memsource
- Understanding of localization needs and challenges for RTL, Indic and African languages
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Team Leader | Remote Delivery, Cork
353 (021) 2300 300