- Dublin City Centre
- Jan 21, 2023
Our exclusive global e-commerce hiring partners are seeking a 2+ PQE data protection solicitor to join their ever-growing legal team here in Dublin!
Our global e-commerce client is looking for someone who can provide essential support for the management and implementation of their privacy framework. The Legal Counsel - Data Privacy will also be acting as first point of contact for all privacy and data protection issues within the global organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Legal Counsel - Data Privacy:
- Serve as subject-matter expert on relevant privacy and data protection laws and provide guidance to the business in a practical and actionable way;
- Assist in the creation of global privacy policies, programs and processes to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements;
- Manage the ongoing maintenance and improvement of the company's data inventory, updating existing and adding new records of processing activities;
- Maintain procedures for handling of data subject requests and respond to privacy-related customer inquiries;
- Conduct due diligence and support the security team in the review of vendors/processors as part of the company's third-party risk management program;
- Develop and deliver innovative programs to build culture and awareness of privacy and data protection including new hire training, department-specific training, and ongoing awareness activities;
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team on privacy and data protection related matters pertaining to their areas of responsibility, and help review and negotiate data sharing and data processing agreements.
- 2+ years of experience as a lawyer at a reputable law firm, or as in-house counsel
- Excellent command of verbal and written communication, including the ability to translate complex/technical legal concepts to all business stakeholders;
- Capable of providing practical, actionable advice that balances privacy risk and business impact in a dynamic, culturally diverse and international environment;
- Proven ability to build relationships and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders and departments;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.