Back by popular demand…
Following on from Meetup number 2 “DDD & CQRS with ES”, the feedback has been so positive...
‘Really liked it. Learnt a huge amount about a fairly complex topic in relatively little time. Well done all! :)’
‘I liked the structure and I have found the practical part to be very useful.’
Our next meetup will cover Azure serverless functions and event sourcing to create low cost-of-ownership applications.
(Missed the first two meetups? Don’t worry! You’ll be up to speed in no time with the below recordings from both nights;
Microservices Meetup Series 1 - 'From Monolith to Microservices'
Part 1 - Decomposing the Monolith & Part 2 - Decomposing the Database
Microservices Meetup Series 2 - 'DDD & CQRS with ES'
FAQ: The what, when, where, and why?
Speaking at the event will be Duncan Jones. Duncan is a Senior C# Developer with experience over a number of vertical industry streams (financial services / insurance). His specialties include CQRS and Event Sourcing on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, PrintQueueWatch.NET component, C#, and SQL Server.
When: Tuesday 12th of November @ 6.30pm
- 6.45pm – 7.45pm: Theory
- 7.45pm – 8pm: Pizza and Beer
- 8pm – 8.30pm: Practical examples and demonstrations
Why use Azure Functions to go Serverless?
1. Automated and flexible scaling based on your workload volume, keeping the focus on adding value instead of managing infrastructure
2. Integrated programming model based on triggers and bindings that help you respond to events and seamlessly connect to other services
3. End-to-end development experience, from building and debugging to deploying and monitoring with integrated tools and built-in DevOps capabilities
4. Variety of programming languages and hosting options – always pick the best one for each scenario and quickly adjust to meet business needs
Let us know if you are interested in joining the series as a speaker! Or indeed, if there are particular topics you would like to see covered.
*These are exciting times for .NET specialists in Ireland. Morgan McKinley has a deep understanding of talent requirements in the .NET space. Our insight and market intelligence enable both career movers and recruiting employers to anticipate, search and secure the best opportunities.
If you are interested in taking the next step in your career, contact me for a confidential chat.